Sofia “theFlyingNun327″ Amadio
Biography: Entering my 4th year of racing, I have beaten the average lifetime of the typical racing career. I am happy with that, but not happy enough to call it good enough. I am still in; I don’t see an end to it. I got into racing as it was the natural progression of the passion for the sport; it’s the ultimate expression in my opinion.
I got into racing with my friend Christin “Invisible-E” Voros in September of 2011. I corner work for SoCalTrackdays with fellow members of the BigHeadz Racing crew, and began pitting with them thus becoming a member of the team. I graduated to Expert in half of a season knowing it was going to be the school of hard-knocks. I showed up on the radar of AP MotoArts after a few trips down to their pits, celebrating some awesome battles. Andy has since taken me under his wing and has been working with me to hone my skill & mindset.
I found myself on the podium a few times last year, on days when the fast guys either went home early or crashed out. I am looking forward to actually being a bit of a pest this year. I want to make it harder for them to run-away with it.
Why #327? It was my father’s squadron during the majority of my childhood. He retired a Lt. Col. after 33 years in the US Airforce flying C-130s.
Why Purple? My mom’s birth stone is amethyst. While my dad is hugely not-a-fan of my riding motorcycles, let alone Racing them… my mom has been an epic supporter.
I carry pieces of everyone I meet with me, but my parents are with me always & all ways.
Goal for 2014-2015: The 2014 CVMA Winter Series was a huge success. It ended in a spectacularly painful way, but the series proved to me, unequivocally, that with perseverance and focus I can achieve my goals. Not only did I hit my goal of 2:00 laps at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, but I ended up hitting a new personal best of 1:58.5. I raced through some ugly opposition including physical pain, proving that I am the master of my destiny and I can conquer biggest opposition; My self.
2014-2015 will be all about consistency. I know that I can continue to push my limits and get faster and faster at the expense of falling down, but I would like to Marinate in this new found speed. I know that I am close to the front of the pack, and I need to focus this series on consistently hanging with them. Fewer crashes and more podiums. I know the speed will follow.
- CVMA 2014 Expert Championships
- 5th Formula Twins
- 5th Femmewalla
- 8th Formula 2
- CVMA 2013 Expert Championships
- 9th Femmewalla
- 14th Lightweight Shootout
- 20th Formula 2
- CVMA 2012 Expert Championships
- 10th Femmewalla
- 18th Lightweight Shootout
- 26th Formula Twins
- 30th Formula 2
- CVMA 2011 Amateur Championships
- 1st Amateur Supersport Twins
- 5th Femmewalla
- 10th Amateur Formula Twins
Race Platform: Formula Suzuki 2007 SV650
- Stock frame & swing-arm
- 649cc V-Twin with all-Intake cams.
- GSXR600 Forks w/ Race Tech Gold-Valves & .90 springs
- Race Tech G3S Shock
- Woodcraft hard parts:
- Frame Sliders
- ArmourBodies bodywork
- Bazzaz FI+QS+TC & ZAFM
- M4 Full Racing Exhaust
WoodCraft / Armour Bodies
Impact Safe-T Armor
What I could use to support my Race Career:
- Assistance with tire costs ($2800 annually approx.)
- Assistance with Race Entry Fees ($2500 annually approx.)
- Discount on retail products
What I will do for you and your Organization:
- Talk up your products in social media platforms Twitter, Facebook & Hookit as well as at face-to-face situations such as the Femmewalla Charity event at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway or Bike Nights around San Diego.
- Display your Logo on my motorcycle
- Display your Logo on my transport vehicle
- List you as my sponsor on my entry form and on the podium